Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Trying to make an arcade in my future home's basement

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
YuYuYuuki

Trying to make an arcade in my future home's basement
on 7/6/2021 6:42:09 PM
In October, me and my boyfriend are going to get married, and we're going to move from an apartment to a house in Syracuse. I was thinking of making an arcade in the basement, like John's Arcade (seriously, that guy is so good.)

The basement is going to be full of late '90s early '00s memorabilia, like my comic collection (which I have had since a kid) and other merchandise I've had hanging onto me since that decade (like my ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter S.I.R. action figure.)

Some games I have planned:

• Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga: Class of 81 (my friend Cree, who owns a small arcade in her comic shop in Brooklyn, hates this game since it's the only classic game you'll find in newer arcades, and she despises redemption machines. I happen to like this cab, though, because I grew up with it.)

• Journey (this game is an in-joke between me and my boyfriend. He's still shocked by the fact that there was a Journey arcade game, and he says "It's like if the Beatles had a board game in the '60s.")

• Sonic Championship (We both loved this game growing up. It used to be at the Ice Rink in the Palisades Center, and I would always play Amy while my boyfriend would be Sonic. I wonder if it's still for sale. I used to have it on Xbox Live Arcade.)

• Nicktoons Racing (I grew up on classic Nickelodeon, and I loved playing this game at Jeepers! in the Palisades Center. I would always be SpongeBob.)

• Mortal Kombat II (My personal favorite of the trilogy, same with my friend Martha; this game was the introduction of Jax, who Martha had a crush on. I just know she'll come over and kick my ass with the Gotcha Grab spam.)

• Pac-Man (Because we have Ms. Pac-Man, we need to have her husband.)

• Injustice Arcade (my boyfriend literally looks and sounds like the Injustice 2 version of Cyborg.)

• One of those games where you grip the handles and it vibrates and then tells you how strong you are (Probably the Addams Family one, as that's the most common, but if I can get my hands on the Star Trek one that I played at Six Flags AstroWorld on vacation 16 years ago... oh boy. I kinda want the Original Screamer: Seat of Terror because of its electronic roar that plays when you beat the game, which I compare to Swayzak screaming in anger at the end of Toonami's old "Trapped in Hyperspace" online game.)

• Spider Stompin' Deluxe (It used to be at Jeepers! in the Palisades Center when I was a kid, and now as a very kinky person, I always imagine the spiders tying Birdman from the Hanna-Barbera cartoon in silk. It seems like something that'd happen to him.)

• Fighting Vipers (This used to be one of my absolute favorite arcade games as a child, ever since coming across it in the Studio 28 Arcade at Six Flags Great Adventure. I would always be Candy, since I was bisexual from the very beginning.)

• A Superman kiddie ride where he's in front of the locomotive that plays the Superman TAS theme song (This used to be at the Palisades Center when I was a kid, and since I was a huge Superman fan who read the comics and watched the cartoon, I LOVED it. It's actually pretty rare, though.)

That's all the games I'll have now, but I know I'll have more. I'll probably find some rare games when they get auctioned. The basement is pretty large. Where do you suppose I get these games? PrimeTime Amusements has the Addams Family shocker and Spider Stompin' on their website, so that's two down.

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Trying to make an arcade in my future home's basement
on 7/19/2021 3:45:44 AM
Ms. Pac-Man's husband is hiding in the basement of Class of 81.  You just need to know how to bring him out.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  Trying to make an arcade in my future home's basement

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
James White
4/22/2024