Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  PLEASE tell me you know what I'm talking about for this one.

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
YuYuYuuki

PLEASE tell me you know what I'm talking about for this one.
on 7/6/2021 5:54:08 PM
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]Lately, I've been obsessed with those shocker arcade games. You know, the ones where you grip the handles and it vibrates to simulate "shocking" you. I like them because it shows how "strong" you are.[/font]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]I've stumbled across one called "The Original Screamer: Seat of Terror." It's supposed to be like an electric chair. Of course, like I said, it doesn't actually shock you.[/font]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]But the one thing about this game is the NOISE that plays when you beat the machine on high power.[/font]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]See at 0:54 here. [size=2][font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSu5f2xcuW8[/font][/font][/size]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]It's like this electronic roar. I don't know why it's in the game, but it's there.[/font]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]But the big thing here is WHAT it reminds me of.[/font]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]From 2002 to 2004, Cartoon Network had a game on their website called "Toonami: Trapped in Hyperspace," where you piloted a virtual ship through five levels to clear The Absolution of a computer virus. Said virus was a devilish-looking being named Swayzak, who had a New Zealander accent and taunted you after each level. In the final level, he infected TOM, and you had to go into TOM's body to save him. After you beat Swayzak, there was a cutscene where Swayzak appeared, shaking like some strange Asian dildo, and screamed "NOOOOOOOOOO!! WHYYYYYYYYY?!"[/font]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]THAT scream right there is what this sound effect on the Screamer arcade game reminds me of.[/font]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]Apparently, Nova Productions made the Screamer game in 1998, 4 years before Pepworks made Trapped in Hyperspace. The same sounds on the Screamer are used in another shocker game, called the Tower of Terror, which is an upright one similar to the Addams Family one, also made in 1998.[/font]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]But the question is... WHY is this electronic roar so similar to Swayzak screaming in anger?! Were Pepworks inspired by the Screamer? Or was it sheer coincidence?[/font]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]I doubt any of you played Trapped in Hyperspace because it's so obscure, but hopefully someone did because this roar is so damn similar to Swayzak in my mind.[/font]

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  PLEASE tell me you know what I'm talking about for this one.

Recent Scores
James White
4/15/2024
Kevin Jimenez
4/15/2024
Damien Cordova
4/15/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/15/2024
James White
4/15/2024