Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  How to submit scores? Does one need a ref?

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
yuppicide

How to submit scores? Does one need a ref?
on 10/8/2018 10:11:14 AM
Some of the scores in the database are easy to obtain, however Richie Knucklez will only ref if I'm going for a world record.

Do I absolutely need a ref if I'd just like to get some scores in the top 5 or 10?

Can someone recommend me some good equipment to use? I've never live streamed before if that's what I have to.

Crimefighter

RE: How to submit scores? Does one need a ref?
on 10/8/2018 7:13:23 PM
Unfortunately you need an Aurcade ref, they aren't taking submissions from home right now.  TG does but I am not one who submits to it.  Where do you live ?

yuppicide

on 10/9/2018 12:26:57 AM
I have submitted to TG in the past, but haven't really looked what's involved these days. I've only submitted MAME in the past for TG. 

Unfortunately, I don't want to waste a ref's time because I assume most of them only want "world records", but I see a lot of scores in the database that I could easily top 5 or top 10 even.

Let's take Mappy as an example.. score #83 is 1,240. Anyone can do that. I haven't played in a little while, but I just plaed for the first time in a long time.. first game back and I'd be in spot 20. Granted I'm on MAME right now, I can certainly reproduce the same results in the arcade (as I have in the past). With a little try I could easily make #3 or #4. I've definitely done a score over #3 in the past. Maybe #2, but I don't remember back that far.

Flicky? Top 15 is easily doable for for me.

yuppicide

on 10/21/2018 10:15:29 PM
By the way, I just noticed you used the word "home". I thought it was evident I meant at an arcade by mentioning Richie Knucklez, but yeah I see how it may have not been clear.

Anyway, what I was getting at is since Richie only wants top scores.. maybe I'll go see Doc at Galloping Ghost. I've been there before and have been wanting to go back. Just a little far.

I was thinking to bring a small recording device and a mount of some sort.

Crimefighter

on 10/22/2018 9:03:50 PM
Which arcade are you wanting to submit scores from?  Location, city, state ?  Is the location listed on Aurcade?

When I record my games, I use a camcorder with a seven hour battery.

HAN

on 10/29/2018 11:18:22 AM
yuppicide Wrote:
By the way, I just noticed you used the word "home". I thought it was evident I meant at an arcade by mentioning Richie Knucklez, but yeah I see how it may have not been clear.

Anyway, what I was getting at is since Richie only wants top scores.. maybe I'll go see Doc at Galloping Ghost. I've been there before and have been wanting to go back. Just a little far.

I was thinking to bring a small recording device and a mount of some sort.

If you want, Galloping Ghost Arcade also has cameras/tripods you can check out at the front counter if you're going for a high score...just bring a memory card/usb stick to save your run to if you want the file.  If you bring your own camera/camcorder, that works too.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  How to submit scores? Does one need a ref?

Recent Scores
James White
4/15/2024
Claudio Copello
4/13/2024
Claudio Copello
4/13/2024
Claudio Copello
4/12/2024
Matt Burke
4/13/2024