Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  Site News  Whoops! Spammer

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Auric
Founder

Whoops! Spammer
on 5/27/2010 8:59:22 AM
Just an apology since it looks like we had a spammer sign up last night. The PMs have been cleaned up and the account disabled. They manually signed up it seems, then spammed the PM system.

Fun!

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

ZIMMZAMM

RE: Whoops! Spammer
on 5/27/2010 9:37:43 AM
yeah, I got a message saying I got 2 PMs. just checked the inbox and nothing there. thanks for taking care of that dave.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 5/27/2010 2:40:03 PM
The bad part about that is, now that one spammer knows we exist, he'll tell his friends. Perhaps mentioning something in the Terms of Service (TOS as I used to call it back in my early AOL days) about anyone attempting to spam the users will have four colored ghosts chasing them around relentlessly. Sue Blinky Pinky Inky

Auric
Founder

on 5/27/2010 3:56:24 PM
True, and I've also done some tweaks to the system. And will continue to improve it.

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

MasterFygar

on 5/27/2010 4:54:47 PM
Ah, okay, good to know. I got an email saying I had a PM and came on here to find nothing D: Glad it's just a spambot and no glitch kept someone important from getting a message through or anything.

Cyberflux

on 5/27/2010 5:41:54 PM
Word. I was like huh? Where are these two new messages, then BAM recent posts of spammers. Better clean-up than the oil rig. =]

Syscrusher

on 5/29/2010 1:52:34 PM
It wasn't a spam, I hooked up with that chick last night. Ok, maybe not.

simpsons99

on 2/10/2013 1:07:06 AM
think i had something like this yestarday? Anyone else get a strange message yestarday?

1badv6
Official

on 2/12/2013 3:08:17 PM
you mean like this...

Hello I came across your profile today on this site(www.aurcade.com) and i will be delighted to have good relationship with you. my name is sunita, i am single and never married. I will wait for your reply. you can contact me at this my email address (
jassicaaliyu@yahoo.com) and i will send you my picture and more about myself. waiting to hear from you Please don't forget to contact me direct to my Email address (
jassicaaliyu@yahoo.com) Yours new friend sunita

simpsons99

on 2/13/2013 12:28:44 AM
1badv6 Wrote:
you mean like this...

Hello I came across your profile today on this site(www.aurcade.com) and i will be delighted to have good relationship with you. my name is sunita, i am single and never married. I will wait for your reply. you can contact me at this my email address (
jassicaaliyu@yahoo.com) and i will send you my picture and more about myself. waiting to hear from you Please don't forget to contact me direct to my Email address (
jassicaaliyu@yahoo.com) Yours new friend sunita

Yep that would be it !

HugDD

on 2/13/2013 6:32:23 PM
Syscrusher Wrote:
It wasn't a spam, I hooked up with that chick last night. Ok, maybe not.

Ha, in that case, you must've been drunk out of your mind Ben! Hehe, just kidding. I'm glad some of us are addressing this. I did get the very same private message from a "sunita" person. Which prompted me to wonder, "since when did Aurcade become a dating site?" So, I'm glad measures are being taken to block these fools and their cronies out. Thanks David and company! The last time this happened, and fortunately the admins were on to stop it, was when some jerk named Rocky Rose registered to get some negative attention by targeting the forums (he was the one who claimed to own Twin Galaxies). That lasted from 9/5/12 to 9/7/12.

Hope you're all having a great New Year—Year of the Snake!

-Duc
nowornever12001@yahoo.com
www.storyofstuff.org

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  Site News  Whoops! Spammer

Recent Scores
Mases Hagopian
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024