Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Private Arcades

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
FrizzleFried

Private Arcades
on 11/5/2013 7:59:04 PM
Do you folks allow PRIVATE HOME ARCADES to join? If not, you really should!

Friz

HugDD

RE: Private Arcades
on 11/5/2013 10:34:48 PM

The answer to your question Friz, is yes. Two examples are Auric's Arcade and The KenCade. As a member of the gaming community and the Aurcade community, I would like to encourage you to also support your local arcades. Too many have closed down, and Rusty Quarters Retro Arcade & Museum in Minnesota will be closing its doors on the 7th of this month.

I live in the Chicago area and fortunately have access to some cool arcades such as the free play arcades Galloping Ghost Arcade and the Underground Retrocade. There are also some bar/arcades such as Emporium and Headquarters. I'm going to see about getting some more game time in soon, hopefully after I'm complete with the moving process.

Have a great Thanksgiving Friz and see you at the arcades! Pac-Man

SueBlinkyInkyPinky

-Duc
nowornever12001@yahoo.com
Galloping Ghost Arcade
Underground Retrocade
www.storyofstuff.org
mattryd.tumblr.com

Nashvillan
Admin

on 11/6/2013 12:03:25 AM
FrizzleFried Wrote:
Do you folks allow PRIVATE HOME ARCADES to join? If not, you really should!

Friz

The reason why the aforementioned home arcades are in the database is because periodically they are open to the public. Sometimes it's a matter of reaching out to the owner asking if they can bring a group of friends over at said date/time when owner will be there to supervise the machines. If a truly private arcade wishes to stay private, this database may not be the best idea for them since any location submitted gets google mapped (great for businesses... not so much for residences). Some private collectors might have a problem with broadcasting the location of where they live for all the world to see. Besides, there actually is a database out there specifically for private collectors.
Now, we do have an alternative! As a member of Aurcade, you are free to post the games you own. If you look on your member profile, you will see it has some tabs halfway down the page. One of those tabs is marked COLLECTION. The games you add there won't count toward the Aurcade total, but at least everyone knows you have em!

SanTe
Admin

on 11/6/2013 3:58:47 PM
aiw2012 Wrote:
The answer to your question Friz, is yes. Two examples are Auric's Arcade and The KenCade.

I used to have mine listed until the "Collection" feature was added to member profiles. Made more sense there, so I deleted my arcade entry. When I did list my home arcade in the database it was easy enough to avoid Google mapping -- just don't provide a street address.

LaughingOtter

on 11/7/2013 3:44:51 PM
Cupcake Castle (our house) is open to the public an average of six times a month. Sometimes more if there's tournaments happening locally within a week. Like the really big Shorty's tournament this weekend, for example. Friday I'll be down at Dorky's, but Saturday we will light the PINBALL sign so locals can get some practice in without the hassle of coin drop.

Not to mention we also host people from out-of-town. We've got a nice guest room for people who want to save a few bucks. Plus there's 14 pinball machines in our house, so you won't get bored easily.

Private arcades rock as long as they aren't TOO private!

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  Private Arcades

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
James White