Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Kids under the age of 6 in a video game arcade

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
gf29

Kids under the age of 6 in a video game arcade
on 8/15/2013 1:27:40 PM
Hi Everyone,
In Israel, mainly kids and toddlers go to the arcade, and mostly play the redemption games. this is an obvious reason that in most arcades in Israel today, and even in the United States, there are more redemption games than video games. In the arcade I dream about (If i'll ever open it), I won't allow Children under the age of 6 unoccupied by an adult to enter my arcade, in fear that they'll ruin my machines, except the redemption part of the arcade, that will have only a third of the arcade, 2/3 of the arcade will be video games.

If you will open an arcade, does it abuse you when little kids, even Toddlers, go inside?

Steve W

RE: Kids under the age of 6 in a video game arcade
on 8/15/2013 4:25:38 PM
If there is a child under 6 unoccupied by an adult anywhere it will end up on the local news.

OXthatROCKS
Official

on 8/15/2013 5:37:11 PM
We require ages 12 and under to have a paid adult accompany them when visiting our arcade. Parents who bring a child 8 or younger receive a discounted admission because we expect they will spend the majority of their time supervising and playing directly with their child. Parents who wander off and get involved in a game, ignoring their children are coached about why they received a discounted admission. We don't want to exclude anyone from playing, but we have a zero tolerance abuse policy and won't hesitate to correct rough players. We see ourselves as the stewards for the games - it's our job to preserve them so all can play, and this includes limiting access to those who would take away that opportunity from others.

gf29

on 8/16/2013 12:14:32 AM
Not Only that, sometimes arcade machines in Israel are located inside children's places, like children's amusement parks, and even large play areas! some arcades in Israel are even AIMED at kids! isn't that awful?

gf29

on 8/16/2013 12:27:55 AM
OK, I'll show you websites of these horrible pictures from some arcades "aimed at kids" in Israel:
in the website of "Mamlehet Sharonim", one of the examples of arcades like this in Israel, in the Picture gallery, there is a kid on a "Super Bikes 2" machine:
http://m-sharonim.co.il/?page_id=14

in the facebook page of "Comako Games": two children on a "Battle Gear 4"!!!
https://www.facebook.com/ComakoGames

Babylon Park in Grand mall Be'er Sheva: a video I made in the arcade documentation series "Arcades in Israel" (Hebrew commentary, english subs):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2rfUIUUxAE

Isn't that awful?

LaughingOtter

on 8/19/2013 11:41:11 AM
Dorky's in Tacoma already has a "no kids under 10" policy in effect after some little ratkin nearly tore off a joystick by hanging on it. This policy is relaxed for frequent customers and for known well-behaved kids who treat the games with respect. After 9PM it's 21 and over only.

The Las Vegas Pinball Hall Of Fame is not so tolerant. I have seen Tim Arnold actually throw people out of his place for badly-behaving kids.

Under the age of 6? Probably not at all in my case. There do seem to be exceptions, though.

LaughingOtter

on 8/19/2013 11:41:13 AM
[Sorry, that seemed to have posted twice. Duplicate posting removed.]. And I will watch that video this afternoon when I have access to streaming video.

on 8/19/2013 1:48:35 PM
Ed0T1t https://www.genericpharmacydrug.com

LaughingOtter

on 1/14/2014 1:42:27 AM
Under the age of six, kids should definitely have a minder. Much better than an op coming up to a parent with a joystick with wires trailing out from it and telling them their little angel just ripped it out from a game by the roots.
On the other hand, I had learned to play pinball before I was nine, It was noticed that my friend and I were playing pins and making shots like adults were doing. We've got two people in the Seattle Pinball League who are ten and twelve who usually make the second round in league play.
I'd say allow the kids of players in first and see how they do. If they pass then they become an exception like we were. Kids who seriously play games are a different breed.

gf29

on 1/14/2014 4:22:47 AM
I first played an arcade machine when I was around 6-4 years old...

The first full-fledged arcade I visited was Namco Wonderpark at Rothschild mall in Rishon-LeZion, which closed its doors in 2004 to make room for a gym. I loved this arcade so much that when I visited my grandparents at the same city, I went there almost every day! Strangely, the Namco Wonderpark sign still remains on the outside of the mall to this day.

When I was ten years old, and it was in 2005, I finished OutRun in Route E when playing it at one of the arcades around me, although the controls were not fully functional.

TigerUppacutSagat

on 1/17/2014 8:50:27 PM
When I was under 6 I used to be scared of all the noise in arcades. When I was 5-and-a-half, I started to love going in arcades and was brave enough to enter a really noisy one inside Mr. Gatti's. They had Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter and I loved watching the attract mode hearing the announcer say "Are you ready true believers? Capcom and Marvel have joined forces once again to bring you... MARVEL SUPER HEROES VS. STREET FIGHTER!!"

gf29

on 1/18/2014 4:32:55 AM
A noise that I also remember was at the former bowling alley at the Carmel center in Haifa, when I was 6 years old, They had a Mighty! Pang machine, so I heard the Mighty! Pang attract music and the croud cheer. I also remember the red graphic of the protagonist and everything when seeing it on the title... I also remember the X-men vs Street fighter announcement when it was on the "Planet bowling" Alley in Rishon LeZion, but I thought at first that he announced just "Street Fighter".. and it was in 2004 too.

TigerUppacutSagat

on 1/18/2014 3:19:29 PM
When I first saw the Marvel vs. SF machine, that was in 2002.

I also loved the attract mode in Top Skater with the Pennywise song "Society" and the announcer saying "Top Skater, are you ready?" And I loved the "Battle on the Edge" theme song from Daytona USA 2 when I first saw it in Myrtle Beach around 2001... I was about 5 years old. Born in 1996 for those wondering.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  Kids under the age of 6 in a video game arcade

Recent Scores
James White
4/15/2024
Kevin Jimenez
4/15/2024
Damien Cordova
4/15/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/15/2024
James White