Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  Repair: Audio/Video  Monitor Issues: What To Do

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
DDRMixer

Monitor Issues: What To Do
on 2/26/2013 3:17:31 PM
Hey, I work at a place that has a lot of monitor problems, either someone ran off with the flyback, the flyback isn't working properly, the monitor is too dark, the monitor is tinted a certain color, or the monitor is moving the solid image across the screen. No one at my arcade really knows how to fix these problems. We have outsourced to other companies, they are fixing other issues, but not our monitor issues. I'm talking about games such as Track & Field, Daytona USA, Neo Geo cabinets, Super Pacman, Centipede, Mortal Kombat 3 (for these examples all dedicated cabinets). What would be the best thing to do in a case like this? We don't have a lot of money to get them all replaced. I have heard about such places selling RBG to VGA converters e.g. http://www.ultimarc.com/images/videoamphi.jpg . However, it also comes down to do people want to buy a converted monitor cabinet or a broken monitor, but all original parts? In the end, it comes down to the fact that the place I work at has a pretty good line up, but a good amount of the machines are out of order due to these monitors.

Any help would be awesome, thank you,
Vix

simpsons99

RE: Monitor Issues: What To Do
on 2/28/2013 5:05:55 PM
If the Monitor did'nt have the Fly back at all.. Game would'nt work at all. No pic on the monitor.

You might hear the game playing but thats it.

DDRMixer

on 3/1/2013 6:40:15 PM
I understand that. We have a pile of broken flybacks I can only guess are from some of these games. What I am wondering is what to do first when repairing these machines.

simpsons99

on 3/1/2013 8:07:00 PM
First i would buy all know Flybacks and cap kits for the monitors and start recapping them.

Figure out what you have and what you don'nt .

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  Repair: Audio/Video  Monitor Issues: What To Do

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
James White