Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  Announcements  DK Wildcard Rematch Tournament

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Mikegmi2

DK Wildcard Rematch Tournament
on 12/7/2012 1:35:33 PM
Since TG forums are gone, and I can't post on CAG, maybe we can get these Aurcade forums rockin'?

Jan 19th! Started by Eric Tessler and John Salter!

Check out all the live streams that'll be going on all day. Perhaps everyone participating could post their Twitch accounts in this thread?

Mine is "mikegmi2".

Looking forward to the event...

Mike Groesbeck

VonDummpenstein

RE: DK Wildcard Rematch Tournament
on 12/7/2012 5:52:08 PM
Actually Mike, if everyone involved joins Aurcade and links their Twitch account to their Aurcade account, then all live streams will be viewable through the Aurcade homepage.

This is how anyone who cares will be able to see when I step up to embarrass myself January 19th.

Scoundrl

on 12/7/2012 6:29:06 PM
This should be fun. I was not an official participant at KO2 but I'd throw down with you kids...

-Ken

marky d

on 12/7/2012 6:34:09 PM
Sounds cool, I'll be sure to check it out!

tankgunnerOIF1

on 12/7/2012 6:38:31 PM
I'll give you the best 23,000 pts you'd ever see!!

Mikegmi2

on 1/18/2013 9:16:50 AM
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! It's gonna be a stream-tastic Saturday...

lakeman421

on 1/18/2013 10:52:14 AM
I look forward to it!

Mikegmi2

on 1/21/2013 12:00:35 PM
First off a big thank you to Eric and John for organizing and putting this event together. I think everyone had a lot of fun streaming, playing, watching other people stream...it was an intense day of DK!

Here's my quick recap:

Woke up around 8am EST, got ready and started playing. My strategy was to try and play at 1.1M pace, but I ended up playing a little more conservative. Took a good 45 min before getting a game going...lots of bad luck and terrible mistakes on my part. This first game ended at 17-2, 772,900, about 1.02M pace...and held up in first place for a good chunk of the day.

I invited Shaun Boyd over and he arrived right around when my first game ended. We took turns playing and just had fun watching each other play...chatting, and following the action on the Wildcard Rematch Facebook page. Cool guy, and a great player...oh and now there is official footage of Shaun playing online....you'll just have to wade through the hours of streaming on my Twitch page to find it, ha! Took a break for food, then Shaun left.

Left home around 4:30pm for a bowling league...got back around 8:45pm and started playing again around 9pm.

Got another game going right away, and this one bugged me the most because it had 2 spring deaths and was right at 1M pace. Another close almost 1M game. 820,500 final score.

Played a few more at 1M pace, really wanted to put up 1M...but I think I was getting tired...kept dying from stupid mistakes, so I went against my initial pledge to play at a high pace...and tried just running boards. The high score at the time was 869k and I knew 900k was easily doable with a top hammer game.

On my last try, like 5 minutes before midnight PST, I got lucky and made it to 13-6 on my first guy, on pace for about a 910k game. Lost a few guys to typical rivet screwings...then another to a super agressive fireball that zoomed up to the top...even though I was totally running all barrel screens it somehow got up there really fast and got me...and the last guy was lost to another rough rivet screen on 20-6. 860,200 final score.

Intense day of playing...I think I was more tired Sunday than I was after the Kong Off 2. Kudos to all the players that participated! A lotta great scores were put up Saturday, including some new personal bests...and an impressive performance by Ross...playing 1 full game and making it to the end...he deserved to win! Awesome ending to that game too : )

lakeman421

on 1/21/2013 9:26:39 PM
It was a lot of fun this weekend. It gave us Wild Cards the opportunity to show what we can really do given enough games to play while some of the main competitors from the Kong Off 2 watched and supported us. It would be fun to do this more often in the future.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  Announcements  DK Wildcard Rematch Tournament

Recent Scores
James White
4/15/2024
Claudio Copello
4/13/2024
Claudio Copello
4/13/2024
Claudio Copello
4/12/2024
Matt Burke