Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  how do you add a arcade

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
badrock

how do you add a arcade
on 4/3/2010 11:25:57 PM
I just signed up and was going to add some places near me, but can't seem to figure out how. How do you go about adding locations/games?

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: how do you add a arcade
on 4/4/2010 12:47:36 AM
I would like to welcome you to Aurcade.com first and foremost.

If you click on the phrase SITE MAP, there is a phase under the "General" section called "Submit Location"
From there, be sure to include the name of the business that you saw the video games in, their telephone number, address, and website (if they have one).
Underneath that, you simply type out what games you saw there. Be sure to be descriptive about the condition of the game... especially if there may be several cabinets hooked together like Daytona, NASCAR, Fast and Furious, or Silent Scope just to name a few. For example, Daytona USA is at Dave n Busters here in town and also at a local pizza shop. The cabinets at Dave n Busters are deluxe models with big screens and 8 of them are linked together for massive multiplayer racing. The one at the pizza shop is a standard two seater.
Once you're finished, you may click "Submit" and all of the administrators will be notified of your submission and one of them (most of the time that's me) will add your information to the database.
If you visit an arcade that is already in our database and you notice certain games missing or new games arrived (Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition was finally released to the US recently!), treat it the same way as a new submission. Oh, and don't limit yourself to just arcades. We have categories for movie theaters, restaurants/bars, laundromats, airports, amusement parks, even churches! Truck stops have them too, I'm still lobbying for that category. ;)

If this is more information that you asked for, I apologize, however it has been a while since it has been explained this thoroughly and other new members can check this post out to get an idea on how to make our database grow.

Thank you for asking and we welcome you to the arcade community.

badrock

on 4/4/2010 1:02:38 PM
Thanks Nashvillian, I appreciate it. I looked at the site map but for some reason didn't see that yesterday.

I'm in St. Louis which does not look to have much entered in here yet, so I will do my best to contribute what is in this area. I have been in love with arcade games my entire life so this site is fantastic.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 4/4/2010 5:13:28 PM
Not a problem.
I think there is some arcade museum in St Louis if I remember right. I haven't visited there in about 12 years.

badrock

on 4/4/2010 10:55:18 PM
Unfortunately the National Coin-Op and Video Game Museum here shut down some years ago, I never had the chance to check it out.

graham8bit
Official

on 4/8/2010 8:00:15 PM
Greetings and welcome! Looking forward to seeing what your area has to offer!

Nashvillan
Admin

Adding locations
on 8/11/2010 12:00:26 AM
I decided that I would start adding specific locations that I know have arcade machines in them and that many people visit on a regular basis, but never think to check out specifically what games are there. By adding the location it is potential motivation to go to said place to check out the inventory.
The theme parks come to mind.
Plus there are amusement centers in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg TN. There are many more Dave n Busters than what our list suggests. The town of Cherokee, NC should have some amusement centers in there as well. Some colleges have game rooms. Some truckstops often have an arcade machine or two in there.
If you know of any locations that definitely have arcade machines, make a note of it here in the forum. Some people may check out our list and not realize that it's still work in progress. Or it just slipped their mind that they went to their favorite amusement park and forgot to check out the games because it wasn't listed on here.

Nashvillan
Admin

Helping out
on 10/4/2010 9:06:16 PM
I'm only posting this to help out those that may be new to the site to check out this thread for how to add arcades to the database. Someone inquired on a different thread and I wanted to make it easier for them to find this thread which has better info.

If this is your first time on Aurcade.com, welcome!

Nashvillan
Admin

on 1/7/2011 5:12:45 PM
Someone recently posted on how to submit a location. Here is the thread that explains how.

Nashvillan
Admin

Guidelines for adding games to arcades
on 4/30/2011 12:57:55 AM
I noticed a recent addition to the arcade database that was filled with errors. I have gone and corrected many of those errors that I noticed and would like to extend a note to the gaming community.
When you submit games either at new or updating existing locations, make sure include the number of SIMULTANEOUS players... most of the errors revolved around this oversight. Some games, while they can play up to four players, are not designed to play all four players at once. Pinball machines typically can have four to six players on one game, but they all must wait their turn to play one at a time. Only one player can play a pinball machine at a time (though there are unique exceptions).
An example of games that can play four players at once would be most popular racing games like Daytona USA, Fast and Furious series, Need for Speed series, Pac-Man Pac-Man Battle RoyalePac-Man, Gauntlet, and Wrestlefest just to name a few.
Keep up the good work! Barcades seem to be gaining in popularity. Perhaps one is opening near you. Also the amusement theme parks are opening up for the summer. Be sure to check out this year's lineup!

Nashvillan
Admin

on 12/4/2012 12:14:28 AM
It's been a while since I've updated this thread, but there may be some new Aurcade members/arcade owners that have recently joined and I want to bring this tutorial to the forefront.
Just be sure you are signed into the Aurcade site before submitting a location. Also, I've noticed a few instances where we receive multiple submissions of the same list. I guess the site is slow to respond to you clicking the submit button. Be patient! :)

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: how do you add an arcade
on 3/25/2014 11:47:40 PM
If you're new to the site (or just forgot) and want to know how to submit locations, this thread will help you out. Just remember, we need the following information.

>Detailed information on the location. Name, address, website if any, etc.
> Full title name of the game
>Cabinet style (upright, sit down, cocktail table, etc)
> Number of SIMULTANEOUS players
> Condition of game broken down into the categories of controls, screen, and cabinet. Preferably only describe if anything is out of the ordinary.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  how do you add a arcade

Recent Scores
Mases Hagopian
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
James White
4/15/2024
Kevin Jimenez