Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  Suggestion Box  searching by zip code

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
vigorousjammer

searching by zip code
on 8/4/2012 7:43:49 AM
Hey guys, new to the site, loving it so far. One suggestion which would make searching for locations much easier would be to search by zip code.

Now, I know I can simply search by town, but that will only return results in that specific town, and not any towns close to it. It would be great if I could simply enter in a zip code, and the site could sort locations by number of miles from the entered zip code.

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: searching by zip code
on 8/4/2012 7:55:25 PM
First off, welcome to Aurcade!

Yes, that is a good idea. Especially since places like Galloping Ghost and Star Worlds are in the Chicago area, but are not exactly in Chicago. Makes great sense to me! Maybe even a link to Bing or Googlemaps so you can see geographically where all of these arcades are.

Let us know of any arcades or amusement centers in your area! Or just keep the existing locations updated!

The_Pro
Admin

on 8/4/2012 11:37:45 PM
Nashvillan Wrote:
Maybe even a link to Bing or Googlemaps so you can see geographically where all of these arcades are.

This already exists, under the site map button there is a link to google maps. This used to be on the main page but was moved at some point.

vigorousjammer

on 8/5/2012 4:03:10 AM
Nashvillan Wrote:
Let us know of any arcades or amusement centers in your area! Or just keep the existing locations updated!

Yeah, for sure! I've already submitted a few places since joining. I'm pretty excited as to how much data this site could gather with enough users contributing. =)

Auric
Founder

on 8/5/2012 8:46:32 AM
That's a good idea. And I need to fix the navigation, since too many cool things are simply wedged under the 'Site Map'.

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  Suggestion Box  searching by zip code

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024