Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  Star Worlds  I fight dragons

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Pac man Pat

I fight dragons
on 10/9/2009 2:07:16 AM
Pac-ManInkyPinkyBlinkySue

If you haven't heard of I fight dragons check them out. Back in July Paul arranged for them to play here at Star Worlds arcade for the VGS after party. Only Brian and Laura came that evening, we didn’t have the room for the entire band. I have their CD’s in our juke box and have gotten hooked on their music. Thursday night Glenn and I ventured into Chicago and saw them play at the Subterranean. They are awesome live! They were using nes controllers, Nintendo game pad as well the ever popular power glove.

Game-over
Pac-man-Pat

ZIMMZAMM

RE: I fight dragons
on 10/9/2009 9:28:17 AM
wow! sounds great! I really need to see them play live as a whole band in a club. one day.

Pac man Pat

on 10/10/2009 2:11:08 AM
InkyPinkyBlinkySuePac-Man

Hay Paul,

I think they are playing in Chicago again in Dec. I will check the dates and let ya know. How did you first hear or meet them? They now have posters, t-shirts, CD's and other kewl stuff. I got a t-shirt as well as a poster and some stickers. I framed the signed poster and stickers and it's now hanging up at the arcade. I talked with Brian and told him they need to play out here in DeKalb at the House, it's where all the bands play here in DeKalb. I know the college students would love them.

Game-over
Pac-man-Pat

ZIMMZAMM

on 10/10/2009 8:38:45 PM
cool Pat. thanks for keeping me posted!

actually Todd, co-organizer of VGS, told me about them. he works with one of the band member's father.

next time I am at Star Worlds I will need to for sure check out that poster. I brought a poster to VGS for them to sign as well, but the whole band was not there so I did not get everyone's autograph. :(

yeah, they should play in Dekalb. and then have an after show party at the arcade. have it as a private party and you need to buy tickets ahead of time. something like that. that would be really cool. plus, I am sure they would love to do that.

there's a rock club in Dekalb that they advertise around here. I think it is usually in the Illinois Entertainer. I don't know the name, but that might be a good place for them to play as well. I will try to find the name. I also think the college kids will love this band.

I know they are playing at a big video game convention in FL in October. Billy Mitchell will be there.

for those who don't know what they sound like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S50ovRMxqtw

new member Packy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AATp6VdWhz8

ZIMMZAMM

on 10/12/2009 7:32:56 PM
the club is called Otto's Niteclub. know anything about it Pat? looks like they get some bigger acts there.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  Star Worlds  I fight dragons

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/25/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/25/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
James White