Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  RUSTY QUARTERS RETRO ARCADE & MUSEUM opening in NOV. in Minneapolis, MN

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
morbidboy1974

RUSTY QUARTERS RETRO ARCADE & MUSEUM opening in NOV. in Minneapolis, MN
on 10/1/2011 5:59:15 PM
Here's our press release:

Back in the 80's...
Video Arcades were everywhere. This was the place that you could hang out with your friends after school and spend the rest of your lunch money. This was the place that you begged your parents to drop you off every Saturday. This was the place where you challenged your friends to a "friendly" game of Mario Brothers that turned into a personal vendetta to double-cross your opponent, with a crab on his back. This is the place that people cheered you on as you grabbed that last pellet, jumped over that barrel, or finally fought that final boss.This was the place that you would give anything to get your 3 initials on the High Score game screen.
In the 80's, Video Games were the pinnacle of entertainment. You couldn't wait to drop in a quarter in the bright shinny box with the glowing marquee. Even if your game only lasted 30 seconds or so, there's this feeling that the outside world didn't matter and all of your problems could be solved if you just had enough lives to dodge that hammer, drop that rock or shoot that robot. There's excitement and pure magic in that feeling... And we want to bring that Magic back!

Right now, We (Sage and Annie Spirtos) are having a 50% off closing sale (Puff N' Stuff Gifts and Novelty, Uptown Minneapolis). From the profits of the sale, We will reopen in November as Rusty Quarters Retro Arcade & Museum. We will start with 20 Classic Arcade games (Pac-Man, Centipede, Galaga, Mario Bros… just to name a few) and add new games every month… I think with the right planing and placement, we'll be able to accommodate a total of 35-40 machines. Most games will be 50¢ per play, with fighting games and lesser known titles (zookeeper for example) set to 25¢ per play.
Still working our arcade hours but we will be open at 10am on Sat-Sun for the kids and close at 11pm on Fri-Sat for the weekend crowd. We will also offer special events, tournaments, and the arcade for party rentals (Still working our a price list). Also Sage is an Ordained Minister (with First Nation Church)… just in case gamers want to tie the knot.

Feel free to give use a call at 612-259-3511 with any questions. Find us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rusty-Quarters-Arcade/226688464042580), Website is coming soon (WWW.RQARCADE.COM)

morbidboy

RE: RUSTY QUARTERS RETRO ARCADE & MUSEUM opening in NOV. in Minneapolis, MN
on 11/14/2011 2:24:28 AM
UPDATE:
Annie (Wife & Co-Owner) and I have painted and cleaned up the retail spot, set up two sitting areas (table and chairs upfront and ottomans in the back), cleaning up our current games and making space for our remaining games that are on their way. Theres still some work to be done (changing out marquee and button lights, fixing coin slots, getting candy and soda pop orders in,etc.) and hoping to get Ms Pac-Man working (loose woobley wire somewhere) by the time we open. John at VintageVideoGames.com will be shipping our remaining 10 games this week. Look at www.RQARCADE.com for our game list.
Then the only thing thats holding us up is waiting for paperwork to be filed. For us to open Rusty Quarters, there's alot of legel paperwork that needs to be filed with the city and state (which we sent out back in September)... and theres ALOT of waiting involved. Now we're still waiting for the offical A-OK from proper Minneasota offices. Trust me when I say that I want to open ASAP, but without the offical permits and licenses, we can't turn on one ON switch without getting fined fees and all of our arcade machines confiscated. Sorry, thems' the rules!
We hope that we'll be able to open by December 1st or earlier. Thanks for your continuing patience and check back with our facebook page for more updates.

Thanks,
Annie and Sage Spirtos
Rusty Quarters Retro Arcade & Museum

morbidboy

on 11/18/2011 1:35:20 PM
We got in all of our games for our opening. They space is almost cleaned up and all of the games are unpacked and are in place. Now I got to make a list of things to fix (a couple of burned out bulbs, balancing screen colors, checking coin mechs, fixing stiff controllers, etc.). We got an update on our legal paperwork being filed and should be ready to open by the first week of December.

Auric
Founder

on 11/19/2011 7:25:17 AM
Make sure to share some pictures as you get close to opening!

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  RUSTY QUARTERS RETRO ARCADE & MUSEUM opening in NOV. in Minneapolis, MN

Recent Scores
Thomas Boyer
5/4/2024
Matt Gladem
5/4/2024
Brad Bach
4/29/2024
Brandon Travis
5/3/2024
Steven Lucas
4/27/2024