Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  Star Worlds  Caveman Tournament and Save the Arcades Tournament!

AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesGo To Next PageGo To Last Page
ZIMMZAMM

Caveman Tournament and Save the Arcades Tournament!
on 9/18/2009 8:47:33 PM
well, let's get the ball rolling!

this is their own tournament and they are starting out with a bang!

prizes include a Phoenix coin-op and Mega Man Power Battle coin-op!!

http://www.starworldsarcade.com/tournaments.php

we (aurcade) are going to have tournaments at Star Worlds in the future, starting in Oct. all aurcade tournaments will have scores verified for the scoreboard.

Auric
Founder

RE: Caveman Tournament and Save the Arcades Tournament!
on 9/18/2009 8:48:56 PM
Love Caveman, such a neat game. Amazing they are GIVING one away. Alas I live too far away to try and win it! :)

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

ZIMMZAMM

on 9/18/2009 9:19:36 PM
nope, looks like they are keeping Caveman. the grand prize for the Caveman tournament is the tattoo.

they are giving away the Phoenix and Mega Man coin-ops though.

Auric
Founder

on 9/18/2009 9:29:00 PM
Oh! My Mistake

ZIMMZAMM

on 9/19/2009 10:08:21 AM
if I have to work next weekend, I might be going there this Monday.

ZIMMZAMM

on 9/21/2009 11:22:35 AM
Pat has some cool Zapataur surprises at the arcade. go there and check it out!

Nashvillan
Admin

on 9/22/2009 10:11:53 PM
Well, I am at the top of the leaderboard on both tournaments. I know there are better players than me out there. Should I rent a truck and go pick up my prize already?

ZIMMZAMM

on 9/23/2009 10:54:31 AM
Nashvillan Wrote:
Well, I am at the top of the leaderboard on both tournaments. I know there are better players than me out there. Should I rent a truck and go pick up my prize already?
do you live in the area Nashvillan?! did not know that.

which Zapataur contest did you play? the Phoenix or Mega Man?

so, you want a tattoo eh?

when I go on Sunday I for sure want to play Caveman, but I really don't want to win the tattoo.

will you be there this Sunday?

Nashvillan
Admin

on 9/23/2009 7:24:04 PM
ZIMMZAMM Wrote:
Nashvillan Wrote:

when I go on Sunday I for sure want to play Caveman, but I really don't want to win the tattoo.

The lure of owning an arcade cabinet is appealing, but, just like the screenname says, I live in TN.

No, I am working in Knoxville this week. Won't be anywhere near there this weekend.
And yes, I could care less about getting a tattoo, but winning an arcade cabinet? Sign me up! lol

ZIMMZAMM

on 9/24/2009 6:49:58 PM
Nashvillan Wrote:
ZIMMZAMM Wrote:
Nashvillan Wrote:

The lure of owning an arcade cabinet is appealing, but, just like the screenname says, I live in TN.
yup, that's what I was assuming.

I could get in the 20k-30k range in Zapataur, but I only played it a couple times. so, you most likely have me beat, unless when I am there on Sunday the joystick helps me out?

Nashvillan
Admin

Save the Arcades Tournament!
on 9/24/2009 6:58:11 PM
Well, just so you know, I am not using any rapid fire joysticks or hot key swapping.
In fact, I was just using the keyboard default controls. If a guy like me can score that high then surely other guys can score higher and just aren't revealing their secrets yet.

If I legitimately have a shot at winning one of these then great, I just might make the long haul. Should be interesting.

ZIMMZAMM

on 9/27/2009 9:19:26 PM
Nashvillan,
today at Star Worlds I played Zapataur once. got 49k
their setup there is so damn cool! we should be so grateful to have them here at aurcade.

btw Dave, Pat O'Malley (owner of Star Worlds) registered here. his nick is Pat-Man-Pat. he just wants to make sure that he becomes a member here.

one thing that we need to do is have all dip switch settings listed here for every game. Karate Champ did not have that listed. Doc and Lumbo was there today as well!! 2 incredible guys! it was a honor to meet both of them and waht a surprise. well, Lumbo rocks the Karate Champ, so I wanted to put that on the board. I couldn't find the dip switches setting so we had to do some research. Doc and Lumbo had to leave. Glenn (the other owner of Star Worlds) and I looked at the dip switches and they were on "hardest" which is not the factory default. so Lumbo, if you are reading this, when you go back next weekend they will put the game on factory default and will verify a score for you.

so Nashvillan, Lumbo did really good at Zapataur got 200k+ so, he is in the lead now. going to be good. semi-finals end Friday. Pat will be calling the top 5 Saturday. finals are Sunday. good luck to everyone!

ZIMMZAMM

on 9/29/2009 1:29:53 PM
I just want to mention last Sunday I won the first ever...contest. I won an awesome official Save the Arcades t-shirt! :)

Pac man Pat

on 10/1/2009 1:39:37 AM
Pac-ManInkyBlinkyPinkySue

First thing, I kind of asked you not to post about the Stride events till the contest was over. Second I want to make sure people don't think we at Star Worlds would put you (adult) in a contest against kids LOL. You won the adult contest, a little girl won in the kids.

Take care
Pac-man-Pat

Nashvillan
Admin

Save the Arcades Tournament!
on 10/1/2009 2:23:25 AM
Welcome to the forums, Pac-Man Pat
I saw you just signed on. Glad you are on board.

I am currently on your leaderboard, however I am not sure I can make it to the finals... still iffy about it.
I'll know more soon.

ZIMMZAMM

on 10/1/2009 10:12:01 AM
Pac man Pat Wrote:
Pac-ManInkyBlinkyPinkySue

First thing, I kind of asked you not to post about the Stride events till the contest was over. Second I want to make sure people don't think we at Star Worlds would put you (adult) in a contest against kids LOL. You won the adult contest, a little girl won in the kids.

Take care
Pac-man-Pat
yes, welcome to the forums Pac man Pat! :)

Auric
Founder

on 10/1/2009 6:17:57 PM
Pat,

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you here! If you'd like us to remove any info just let us know. Please understand Paul was just trying to help you get the word out is all.

Cheers,

David

Pac man Pat

on 10/1/2009 7:57:00 PM
InkyPinkyPac-ManInkyBlinky

Hi Dave,

Their are no problems at all. I was commenting on mainly Paul talking about the special gum contest. We are thankful that Paul did such a great job on getting the word out about the tournaments. We gained some great gamers and have made some new friends as well. Once the Save the arcades contest is over I can start working on a tournament or two with Paul. It's great to see a site such as this, it really helps out the small arcades such as Star Worlds.

Take care
Pac-man-Pat

ZIMMZAMM

on 10/2/2009 10:17:13 AM
Oh ok. Thanks for explaining Pac-Man-Pat. I did not know I was supposed to keep the gum spitting contest a secret. Thanks.

btw, posts are edited.

Pac man Pat

on 10/8/2009 3:00:28 AM
Pac-ManBlinkyBlinkyBlinky

Star Worlds would like to thank everyone that played in our Zapataur tournaments this past Sunday. It was such a nice group of people and we think everyone had fun competing. A special thanks to Lumbo from Galloping ghost productions who got our final on line score to over a 150 mil before the contest ended.

Stay tuned to Starworldsarcade.com for future tournaments.

Game over
Pac-man-Pat

Page: of 2 PagesGo To Next PageGo To Last Page

Forums  Star Worlds  Caveman Tournament and Save the Arcades Tournament!

Recent Scores
Mases Hagopian
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
James White
4/15/2024
Kevin Jimenez
4/15/2024