Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  CrapMAME Tournaments  Crap Tournament 6

AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesGo To Next PageGo To Last Page
Billhouse
Admin

Crap Tournament 6
on 4/17/2014 1:21:58 PM
How does May 19-25th sound? Sorry so late getting things kicked off, got a lot going on lately.

Chime in peeps.

Robert

RE: Crap Tournament 6
on 4/17/2014 9:34:54 PM
Sounds awesome !!

d3scride

on 4/18/2014 1:13:18 AM
Sounds good to me!

VonDummpenstein

on 4/18/2014 2:14:52 AM
Excellent! I'm in, and I'll also recruit as many gamers from the DonkeyKongForum as I can.

I'd like to make one request for this year's tourney...

I think it should be mandatory for players to submit their scores within 24 hours of achieving them, via a highlight or at least a time stamp and a link to the archived stream.

I'd like for the tournament scoreboard to be as up to date as possible, and for all participants to have access to the gameplay of others. I don't feel like this is too much to ask of the players or the refs. The Crap Tournament is only as good as the players make it, and the more submissions, the more actively the scoreboard shifts around, the better.

This tournament is all about fun, so maybe this is unnecessary? But as I said, I just want the scoreboard to be as accurate as possible in real time.

Thank you Bill.

xelnia

on 4/18/2014 2:51:33 AM
Love it.

HugDD

on 4/18/2014 6:33:52 PM
VonDummpenstein Wrote:.

I think it should be mandatory for players to submit their scores within 24 hours of achieving them, via a highlight or at least a time stamp and a link to the archived stream.

I'd like for the tournament scoreboard to be as up to date as possible, and for all participants to have access to the gameplay of others. I don't feel like this is too much to ask of the players or the refs. The Crap Tournament is only as good as the players make it, and the more submissions, the more actively the scoreboard shifts around, the better.

I'll be honest, I once thought this tournament was ridiculous, but that was before I became a spectator and saw what it is about. Nice to see a means where obscure games are celebrated. I've only played on emulators in the past at a friend's place, and using save states to merely beat the game. I see how they, in essence, are similar to so called multicade arcade cabinets such as the one I've been perusing at the Underground Retrocade. It's cool to be able to play games that aren't in the mainstream of the video gaming world. Recently, I got to play games such as Jump Jack, got to see others play Snap Jack, and played some Juno First, which I consider to be a pretty cool game.

With that said, I'd like to write additionally, I agree fully with what Ross has stated in quoting him. In the spirit of gaming, and to further the cause of the Crap Game Tournament, it'd be nice if folks could be on top of things as much as they can. You've already been firm on some of the expectations Bill, let's see things carried out to the max! For the both participants and spectators, this is really important. The rankings of scores posted are a whole lotta fun to see, along with the efforts of those streaming.

To the Crap Games! Pac-Man

-Duc

Robert

on 4/18/2014 8:21:01 PM
The CrapMAME tournament is really under-appreciated...for those who have experienced the more obscure titles, for better or for worse, there are some real hidden gems out there, maybe not in terms of super cool graphics but at least in terms of new challenges to meet.

Take some of the older monochrome titles like "Wolf Pack", "Guided Missile", "Starship 1", "Sheriff/Bandido" or even "Hustle", or the colour titles that I like to play like "Sea Fighter Poseidon", "Balloon Bomber", "Space Oddysey", "Mad Crasher", "Exed Exes", "Bal Cube", "Seicross" or "Pipi & Bibis"...some way cool challenges await you in these titles !!

Bill's annual idea is a welcome change of pace from the same old/same old challenges on "Galaga", a "Pac-based" title, a "Kong" title, etc.

Syscrusher

on 4/20/2014 6:19:03 PM
I shall be there.

CptJivePants

on 4/21/2014 10:39:24 AM
Any chance someone could provide the setup instructions and rules on here so we can prepare and test ahead of time? I know I did not even think about the setup part until it was pretty much too late last year. This sounds like a lot of fun, so I would like to make sure I can participate whenever I have free time once the event starts.

Billhouse
Admin

on 5/3/2014 4:33:03 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Here are the rules, disregard any dates or anything as this is copied from last year.

Anyone competing this year be sure to be registered at Aurcade.com and make sure to have your Justin.tv or UStream channel in your profile. This will assure you will be listed on the main page when your stream is live, plus allow your scores to be updated live throughout the tournament.

Rules:

Any attempts must be made while streaming. We will need to be able to clearly see your final score. All tournament attempts must be available to watch in your archives.

Make sure you are streaming before you start a game, to make sure there are no INP playbacks.

After you complete a game you will need to show the dipswitch settings for a few seconds to make sure all are playing under the same settings.

Write your scores down after you complete a game, only note them if they are higher than previous attempts. Also, note the time the game ended. Make sure the timezone is correct on your streaming channel so that the time you post a score matches up.

Make sure you are registered at Aurcade.com so you can post your scores in the forums. Also make sure your profile is updated at Aurcade with a proper email address and make sure the stream name is correct so we can use the marathon and front pages to see who's doing what.

Please post scores and finish times in the appropriate topic here: http://www.aurcade.com/forums/?a=sec&id=20

I will start forum threads for each title after the list is finalized for players to post scores and times. Try to do this every couple of hrs, or when you finish a streaming session. Please do not send scores 100 times in a day, try to send the highest scores you've gained after a few hours.

The best way for us to get your scores is if you make a clip of your game. Go into your own archives and make a clip of the high-score game you want us to see. We won't have to skip through chunks of your archive and it will be saved for a while as well.

Also, Im sure noone would do this anyway, please turn in scores when you get them. No sandbagging and holding scores until the end of the tourney. Scores should be turned in within a few hours of making the score. Overnight is ok to hold scores if you're heading to bed after playing.

This year let's lay of the leeching. If anyone discovers a possible leech, please report it right away so we can make a ruling on the issue.

Billhouse
Admin

Crap Tournament 6 Theme! Choose Your Own Crapventure!
on 5/12/2014 9:37:16 AM
Ok, we are one week out from the start of this madness. This year I have been crazy busy and still don't have a working MAME cabinet or any picks for games yet.

It's like those TV specials where Santa Claus is sick and Christmas is fucked. But then like Fred Flintstone, some orphans, Ernest or some other shit saves Santa's fat ass and all the spoiled brats get their plastic junk for Jesus Day. Well guess what...

You get to be Ernest! Starting today I will take requests for possible titles for the Crap Tourney, In the spirit of the competition, please pick titles based on name, or still photo, attract screen, etc. Do not play any of these games, and remove any choices you have much knowledge of. Message me these gems when you can and I'll add my own input and compile the master list of Crap.

Anyone with access to CAGDC or whatever feel free to post, I dont remember my login for any other place. :)

The Night They Saved Crap Tournament! Coming soon to a computer near you!

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Crap Tournament 6 - ideas
on 5/12/2014 6:33:49 PM
I don't plan on participating in the tournament, so I'll see if I can pick some games for y'all to play....
hmm...
I'll throw two out there.

Insector X
Crazy Balloon

Oh and congratulations on your 200th post to the forums, Billhouse. :)

GeorgeIV

on 5/13/2014 5:45:11 AM
It's a crap miracle on 34th st. I was about to start on a crap photo to commemorate the event, but I'll scroll through the line up of garbage titles and see if anything jumps out at me.

CT6 is already shaping up to be the greatest one of the greatest tournament ever. The excitement is building, something explosive is coming, I can feel it.

GeorgeIV

on 5/13/2014 4:46:15 PM
I am sending some suggestions to you secretly, Bill.

Billhouse
Admin

Crap Tournament 6 Game Lineup!!
on 5/18/2014 11:17:51 PM
Ok everyone. No fancy intro video this year, (next year for sure), here are your 8 initial titles for this year's tournament. There will be an additional 2 mystery titles added on Thursday night. Also, I will create appropriate forum topics for you to post scores, clip links, etc. for each game. Sorry I still do not have my MAME cab up and running so I have not been able to check dip settings or ROM sets. If someone could quickly post some default settings I'll add them to the games. Here we go, crap on!

Cosmic Guerilla
Sea Fighter Poseidon
Bull Fight
Hustle
Intrepid
Reikai Doushi - Chinese Exorcist
Mighty Guy

and the pig title of the year, Pooyan.

VonDummpenstein

on 5/19/2014 12:27:54 AM
Cosmic Guerilla
ROM Name: cosmicg

DIPS
BONUS LIFE -- 2000
COINAGE -- 1 COIN/1CREDIT
LIVES -- 3
CABINET -- upright
UNUSED -- off

Sea Fighter Poseidon
ROM Name: sfposeid

DIPS
UNKNOWN -- off
UNKNOWN -- off
UNKNOWN -- off
LIVES -- 3
UNKNOWN -- on
FLIP SCREEN -- off
CABINET -- upright
COIN A -- 1 COIN/1CREDIT
COIN B -- 1 COIN/1CREDIT
UNKNOWN -- off
UNKNOWN -- off
UNKNOWN -- off
UNKNOWN -- off
COINAGE DISPLAY -- COINS/CREDITS
YEAR DISPLAY -- yes
INVULNERABILITY -- off
COINAGE -- A and B

Demons & Dragons (prototype)
ROM Name: demndrgn

DIPS
SERVICE MODE -- off

Hustle
ROM Name: hustle

DIPS
COINAGE -- 1COIN/1CREDIT
GAME TIME -- 2 mins
FREE GAME -- disabled

Intrepid
ROM Name: intrepid

DIPS
INVULNERABILITY -- off
DEMO SOUNDS -- on
CABINET -- upright
DIFFICULTY -- easy
BONUS LIFE -- 10,000
LIVES -- 5
COINAGE -- 1COIN/1CREDIT

Reikai Doushi - Chinese Exorcist
ROM Name: reikaids

DIPS
ALLOW CONTINUE -- off
BONUS LIFE -- 20K then every 60K
LIVES -- 3
TIME -- 60
UNKNOWN 2-6 -- off
UNKNOWN 2-7 -- off
DIFFICULTY -- easy
DEMO SOUNDS -- on
FLIP SCREEN -- off
CABINET -- upright
COINAGE -- 1COIN/1CREDIT

Mighty Guy
ROM Name: mightguy

DIPS
LIVES -- 3
BONUS LIFE -- every 200,000
DEMO SOUNDS -- on
CABINET -- upright
FLIP SCREEN -- off
SERVICE MODE -- off
COIN A -- 1 COIN/1 CREDIT
COIN B -- 1 COIN/3 CREDIT
DIFFICULTY -- normal
STARTING AREA -- 1

Pooyan
ROM Name: pooyan

DIPS
COIN A -- 1 COIN/1 CREDIT
COIN B -- 1 COIN/1 CREDIT
LIVES -- 3
CABINET -- upright
BONUS LIFE -- 50K 80K+
DIFFICULTY -- 1(easy)
DEMO SOUNDS -- on

VonDummpenstein

on 5/19/2014 12:52:12 AM
Also, let everyone know if you have any problems with any of the games, as they are mostly crap, afterall.

Demons & Dragons, for instance, seems to be a bit touchy about its controls. I did get my install working though.

simpsons99

on 5/19/2014 1:01:46 AM
How long is the event?

Chrispy

on 5/19/2014 1:04:32 AM
May 19th through 25th.

Billhouse
Admin

on 5/19/2014 1:04:42 AM
VonDummpenstein Wrote:
Also, let everyone know if you have any problems with any of the games, as they are mostly crap, afterall.

Demons & Dragons, for instance, seems to be a bit touchy about its controls. I did get my install working though.

There are several backup titles in place should we need any. Always good to identify these problem titles early. An unfortunate, but inherent circumstance that comes with this particular blind format thingy-bob dealy.

Page: of 2 PagesGo To Next PageGo To Last Page

Forums  CrapMAME Tournaments  Crap Tournament 6

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/25/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/25/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
James White