Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  Announcements  Grinkers Arcade Outsiders Tournament ans SH*T SHOW Oct 18 and 19

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
blkdog7

Grinkers Arcade Outsiders Tournament ans SH*T SHOW Oct 18 and 19
on 10/10/2013 9:33:13 AM
Hey guys, we are doing a tournament at the Grinkers Arcade in Eagle, Idaho. We will have an Aurcade Referee (Clint) there recording scores too.

The main tournament will be on Oct 19 with a "Stern Challenge" on Oct 18. I'll post the game details ASAP.

We will be doing a live Arcade Outsiders podcast on Saturday and I'll be doing "John's Arcade" videos too while I am there.

I hope you can make it!!!

Information is here:

http://grinkers.com/Tournaments.aspx

and here:

http://arcadeoutsiders.com/post/59646844127/arcade-outsiders-live-sh-t-show-announced-oct-19-2013

and here:

http://aurcade.com/events/view.aspx?id=116

blkdog7

RE: Grinkers Arcade Outsiders Tournament ans SH*T SHOW Oct 18 and 19
on 10/11/2013 11:30:34 AM
There will be three separate tournaments and leaderboards going on both days of the tournament. Play the games as many times as you want and record your best scores during the two days of the tournament. Each separate tournament will have a winner. Cash prize and other prize details TBD.

Hours of the tournament are:

Friday Oct 18 6pm - Close
Saturday Oct 19 11am - 10pm
Winners to be announced 10pm PST on Oct 19

An Aurcade referee (Clint) will be at the event to document all scores.
Tournament status and live updates can be found here:

http://aurcade.com/events/view.aspx?id=116

The games and tournaments

Stern Challenge

Berzerk
Bagman
Tutankham
Super Cobra

Main Tournament Games:

Pole Position
Moon Patrol
Paper Boy
Gravitar
Thief
Burgertime
Nibbler
Sea Wolf
Journey
Stern 2013 - Star Trek Pinball

Ninty Challenge:

Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong 3

LIVE PODCAST Sat 19th 7pm -10pm PST

I hope you guys can join us and show up. Let's make this a bad ass and FUN KLOV get together with beer, booze, and arcade games!!! How can you not have fun?!

Here's the arcade:

http://www.grinkers.com/Photos.aspx

blkdog7

on 10/11/2013 2:02:03 PM
I updated the details above!

Also, JOW (co-host of Arcade outsiders) will be going for the Paperboy world record. He has already beaten the Twin Galaxies record but has never documented it. He is a sleeper player.

blkdog7

on 10/14/2013 10:13:54 AM
Here are some more details:

$150 cash prize plus extras for main tournament. $50 cash plus extras for secondary tournaments

No cover charge. No entry fees. Anyone can enter tournament for free. $0.25 per game.

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Grinkers Arcade Outsiders Tournament Rules
on 10/16/2013 2:45:50 AM
I have some guidelines I would like to post here.

To be eligible for prizes, you must first register to become a member of the Aurcade site. You can do this right now, and will save my secretaries a lot of time in the process. Plus, it's free to join with no spam. I'll do my best to open registration early.

You must register for the tournament prior to playing. The tournament engine is automated, so I need to know who all is playing and said players must be given their personal tournament number. Don't lose it! You only need to register once to be eligible on all of the tournaments.

You must play all of the games in the tournament to be given a tournament rank. The way the system is set up, it will not give you a tournament score until you have played all of the games in that specific tournament.

Please be courteous of other gamers! If you are waiting in line to play a game next, do not distract said gamer. If your game is over, please let the next player have a turn. Special rule for pinball players! If you are awarded a special, replay, or match and are awarded an extra game, you must still let the next player have a turn. You just made it cheaper for the next person to play.

When your game is over, if you wish to record your score, raise your hand to notify myself or one of the gaming attendants (if any). I will explain the specifics come game time. You may play the games as many times as you can in order to improve your score, but if you know you scored less than your best, do not bother flagging down me or a tournament attendant.

Please respect the games! Most of them are very old, and a lot of hard work was put into them to make them tournament ready for you. Do not exploit glitches in any games. Special pinball rule. Tilt penalty forfeits your ball in play, slam tilt forfeits your entire game.

If a game breaks, let an arcade employee or myself know.

Once the tournament closes for the day all hands must be off of the games! No exceptions! There is no playing to finish out the game. If you wish to record your score as it stands we will.

For those people who wish to attempt a world record, here are some pointers.
You must record the video screen as it's playing. Plus, make sure the camera gets a good look at the score of the game as it's being played. (for best results, use two cameras, one for the gameplay and one focused on the score itself)

It's ok to watch the gamer go for a world record, but do not distract them! Allow the gamer his space to play. Also do not approach the cameras. We do not want to risk anyone bumping or knocking over a camera. On some games, the world record player may take a Guinness permitted 5 minute break per hour. It is absolutely imperative that no other gamer touches the game. It will void the attempt if another gamer makes physical contact with the gaming controls while a game is in progress.

When the game is over, make sure you quickly get an arcade technician to open up the back of the machine so you can photograph the dip switch settings. The camera must not be shut off during the time between playing and filming the dip switches.

I will explain these again come game time.
Have fun! :) See y'all soon!

HugDD

on 10/16/2013 6:26:58 PM

Thanks for posting the details and info for this event John and Clint. Unfortunately, I will not be in attendance, but hope to meet you both some day. It sounds like a cool tournament. I'm kinda surprised the list games are announced so soon, but then this isn't a Funspot tournament. Out of curiosity, I do have a few questions:

1)Will the settings for the games be revealed soon, or just at the tournament?
2)Why is recording for world record attempts required, and do participants have to provide their own equipment? (I'm guessing that this is for the sake of verification for Twin Galaxies, as it doesn't sound like any of their ref folks will be present)

I look forward to checking out the new Stern Star Trek pinball machine somewhere in the Chicago area. Hope you guys have a great turn out and a fun time! :) Pac-Man

-Duc
nowornever12001@yahoo.com
Galloping Ghost Arcade

Nashvillan
Admin

on 10/16/2013 8:34:13 PM
aiw2012 Wrote:

Thanks for posting the details and info for this event John and Clint. Unfortunately, I will not be in attendance, but hope to meet you both some day. It sounds like a cool tournament. I'm kinda surprised the list games are announced so soon, but then this isn't a Funspot tournament. Out of curiosity, I do have a few questions:

2)Why is recording for world record attempts required, and do participants have to provide their own equipment? (I'm guessing that this is for the sake of verification for Twin Galaxies, as it doesn't sound like any of their ref folks will be present)

I look forward to checking out the new Stern Star Trek pinball machine somewhere in the Chicago area. Hope you guys have a great turn out and a fun time! :) Pac-Man

-Duc
Galloping Ghost Arcade

Yeah, I'm slightly surprised too, but we spoke about it and knew that it was possible that the lineup could be posted. Maybe the settings will be a mystery... ;)
World record players are responsible for their own equipment they bring. Yeah, I don't think any Twin Galaxy refs are going to be there and I'll be too busy watching over the tournament to witness much in the way of world record attempts. It's reasonably common for cameras to be set up on tripods which is why I mentioned about spectators keeping away from them to avoid knocking them over. Yeah, Twin Galaxy does use video verification plus dip switch settings videoed.

blkdog7

on 10/28/2013 4:48:30 PM
aiw2012 Wrote:

-Duc
Galloping Ghost Arcade

this was a pretty casual tournament so we so no harm in announcing the games.

Jow did beat the Twin Galaxies record for Paperboy but it wasn't video taped. RATS!

Are you from Galloping Ghosts? Maybe we can come to Chicago and do a live podcast and tournament there? I'm from Chicago and will be home for Thanksgiving. I hope to stop by and check the place out and do a "John's Arcade" video.

http://www.youtube.com/blkdog7

Our Grinker's tournament was a huge success and tons of fun. Thanks Clint for helping make it amazing!

420atari

on 11/25/2018 12:04:25 PM
Great tournament! We will be back next year for sure.

Clint,
I got a highscore on tailgunner using the settings for the tournament. Does that qualify me for a world record? I tried making an account under the name islandpirate but I cant seem to login to it. SailorSara says hi!

Crimefighter

on 11/25/2018 7:54:41 PM
Did you record your run ?

420atari

on 12/2/2018 9:33:12 PM
it was at grinkfest this year. Clint took my score. The score is listed as the current high for the game on aurcade now.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 12/8/2018 3:34:15 AM
I had to create a scoring format for this game.
The only scores listed under that scoring format are the ones from Grinkfest.
Reason being is because the game was on settings I deemed tournament worthy.  (reduced shield time, more aggressive enemies, etc)
This also means that since the game you played was on altered settings, it won't qualify for a world record since that often requires you to play the game on default settings and the game at Grinkfest was not on default settings.

If you truly did manage to achieve the overall top score on a game that was on harder settings, then that's a major accomplishment. 

Clint

420atari

on 12/8/2018 4:28:10 PM
I think the board settings for the regular records shows the shield at 75 seconds. I have seen one score from the 80's showing 13200! Im hoping to pickup a dedicated one of these in the next couple of months so I can destroy all of these records for good!

The settings at grinkfest were awesome. I can tell you it was only a fluke I hit so many guys that game. Also to note my score only differs from the last known record by me hitting one slower opponent and one faster opponent more than the last guy.

Clint, can I establish a new record for the settings on what Im going to call aurcade levels?

thanks,
James

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  Announcements  Grinkers Arcade Outsiders Tournament ans SH*T SHOW Oct 18 and 19

Recent Scores
James White
4/15/2024
Kevin Jimenez
4/15/2024
Damien Cordova
4/15/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/15/2024
James White
4/15/2024