Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Opening An Arcade

AuthorComments: Go To First PageGo To Previous Page Page: of 2 Pages
DDRMixer

RE: Opening An Arcade
on 6/25/2013 11:10:21 PM
My list removing redemption machines and pinballs...

1. Don Pachi
2. Galaga
3. Ms. Pacman Turbo
4. Gunblade NY
5. Daytona USA
6. In The Groove 2
7. Gauntlet Legends
8. Pacman Royale
9. Dark Escape 4D
10. Neo Geo 4 Slot (Metal Slug 5, Puzzle Bobble...)
11. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited
12. Centipede
13. Q*Bert
14. Lethal Enforcers
15. Super Mario Bros.
16. Marvel V. Capcom 2
17. Junior Grand Prix Star II
18. Manaco GP
19. Defender
20. Robotron
21. Time Travelers
22. Elevator Action
23. Mortal Kombat 3
24. NBA Jam
25. Maximum Force
26. Initial D. 3V
27. V3
28. Flashbeats
29. Street Fighter 2
30. F-Zero AX

the7k

on 6/26/2013 5:02:56 AM
I'm actually wanting to do something like this myself. I'm thinking something along the lines of a freeplay arcade with entry fee that also has beer.

Anyway.

1) Namco Classic Collection Vol.1 (Galaga, Xevious, Mappy)
2) Namco Classic Collection Vol.2 (Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Rally X)
3) Neo Geo 4-Slot (Garou, Samurai Shodown 2, Magical Drop 3, Metal Slug 3)
4) Neo Geo 4-Slot (King of Fighters 2002, Last Blade 2, Puzzle Bobble, Metal Slug X)
5) PlayChoice 10 (... at least gotta have Super Mario Bros in there...)

6) Cruisin USA
7) Mario Kart Arcade GP
8) Crazy Taxi
9) Rush The Rock

10) Time Crisis 2
11) Silent Scope
12) House of the Dead
13) Lucky & Wild

14) Street Fighter III: Third Strike
15) Marvel vs Capcom 2
16) Capcom vs SNK 2
17) Tekken Tag Tournament
18) Killer Instinct
19) Mortal Kombat II
20) Soul Calibur II

21) Donkey Kong
22) Centipede
23) Tetris
24) Tapper

25) X-Men (6-Player if possible, but 4-Player is fine)
26) Die Hard Arcade
27) Ninja Baseball Batman
28) Battle Circuit
29) Alien vs Predator

30) DDR (Whichever one I can get my hands on that is reasonably popular)

Rob Ross

on 6/26/2013 6:45:08 PM
All the lists are great.

The more modern games (DDR) or redemption games are gonna be too expensive to buy and place in my arcade. Older classics are on average $1000, maybe less. So buying 30 games should only cost me 30k.

Some of the lists might price me out of ever starting.

Currently I'm researching the idea, scouting locations around my city and keeping an eye on games for sale. We have nothing like Barcade anywhere around (for like 500 miles) thus I could corner the market.

Please keep lists coming and feel free to name 6 pinballs you think I should have.

Robert

on 6/26/2013 9:54:49 PM
I'm biased on pinballs as I have my longtime faves and admittedly have not seen most of the new ones that are killer., but here goes...

Addams Family
Eight Ball Deluxe
Gorgar
High Speed
Lord of the Rings
Medieval Madness

the7k

on 6/27/2013 4:17:36 AM
Well, if money is an issue, then pinballs should be very low on your priorities. Not only are they ridiculously expensive compared to classic arcades, but the maintenance is a completely different beast.

If money was no object, the six I'd want would be:
Star Trek: Next Generation
Addam's Family
Twilight Zone
Monster Bash
Indiana Jones
Lord of the Rings

OXthatROCKS
Official

on 8/14/2013 4:04:27 AM
As you might imagine, securing a liquor license and zoning for another bar in any area will add challenge to opening a business. I was recently approached with an offer to combine my arcade into a bar and split the operation, but I declined because, like Doc said - you either have a bar or you have an arcade. The barcade model has certainly proven itself to be successful here in Chicago, but the crowd will be noticeably different. The more you expose your inventory to abuse, the higher your maintenance costs will be, and the more quickly you will wind up turning over your inventory. That turn over will disenfranchise players who were coming to specifically to play "their" game, so tread lightly. Of course, with that said, the profitability on beer is fantastic when compared to soft drinks, so the trade off might be worth it to you. When I put together my game mix, I absolutely went with what I wanted to play first an foremost. We're classics heavy on purpose - and that has worked for us because we're a heavy nostalgia play. Padding out that list were games that became available in the course of my search - sometimes it's hard to pass up a deal! Hopefully you have some hospitality experience; if not, before you invest your life savings, definitely try it out working for someone else to see if it's for you. We don't have fresh pizza at my place because, while my memory of arcades from back in the day is slanted to expect it, I've already owned a pizza place and didn't want the hassle of having to manage a kitchen along with all of the work involved in keeping the games running. If you do decide to go the gastrocade route, let me know - I have a URL you might be interested in. Best of luck!

Go To First PageGo To Previous Page Page: of 2 Pages

Forums   General Discussion  Opening An Arcade

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
5/16/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
5/16/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
5/16/2024
3:08:311
Gerard LaCour
5/13/2024