RE: OTHER "OFFS"
on 11/22/2012 9:11:21 PM
I'm pretty sure Rob was being sarcastic about the 50 dollars... Just saying

mpstulir

on 11/22/2012 9:34:02 PM
lakeman421 Wrote:
I'm pretty sure Rob was being sarcastic about the 50 dollars... Just saying

Really? How do I know that? We are talking about the guy who spread false & damaging rumors on this forum that ACAM leaks the game list to certain people before our tournaments. If some people believed that, why won't people believe he will cough up $50 just to attack ACAM?

Still waiting for the apology on that one.

lakeman421

on 11/22/2012 9:38:18 PM
You know that now, because I told you it was sarcastic. I know Rob well and that's his kind of humor and most people on here don't know him well enough to know it is out of sarcasm. I know he wouldn't go that far to damage a place he enjoys going to. I just wanted to let you know.

SanTe
Admin

on 11/23/2012 11:44:49 PM
TG poster:

Photos I took myself at the event:

I was there too. Here is my memory of what happened:

One of the Frogger machines went down on the first day so Donald and Pat took turns on the other machine. The dead machine was repaired on the second day. I don't remember what the problem was but I think it was the monitor. However, the other, previously working machine then started to exhibit weird behavior and was randomly killing frogs for no apparent reason. Donald and Pat alternated machines and by the end of the second day they were in agreement that something was wrong with the first machine.

On the third day a phone call was placed (although I do not know for sure by whom; I suspect it was David Nelson, who was the TG ref in attendance) to Jason Cram, who suggested checking the power supply voltages. Sure enough, the +5V was too low. After it was adjusted to the proper value the game began working correctly. They later realized what was happening -- due to the undervoltage some of the cars on the roadway were invisible, hence frog soup on what appeared to be clear sections of the road.

Donald and Pat played side by side the rest of the weekend after all the kinks were worked out of both machines. At one point they started new games at the exact same instant, and they later crossed 100,000 points within seconds of each other. It was pretty exciting.

Neither player broke the record that weekend, although Donald got close on the first day. He was within 20k-30k of the record, if memory serves, and got into a bad spot where the logs and alligators don't line up right to allow you to get into the far left home space. Donald lost his last 3 lives (or 4, I can't remember for sure) in rapid succession while running down the timer trying to wait out the transition. Heartbreaking.

Rob Ross

on 11/24/2012 3:57:29 PM
Can I post replies on here?

Rob Ross

on 11/25/2012 9:43:29 AM
Rob Ross Wrote:
Can I post replies on here?

I'm experiencing technical difficulties on Aurcade.

Go To First PageGo To Previous Page Page: of 3 Pages

Forums   General Discussion  OTHER "OFFS"

Recent Scores
Michael D. Smith
5/5/2024
Thomas Boyer
5/4/2024
Matt Gladem
5/4/2024
Brad Bach
4/29/2024
Brandon Travis