Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  Star Worlds  Horror-cade Tournament at Star Worlds!

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ZIMMZAMM

Horror-cade Tournament at Star Worlds!
on 9/27/2009 9:25:19 PM
so, I am planning the Halloween tournament now for Star Worlds. after the Save the Arcades promo this weekend Pat is going to focus on it as well.

I am thinking it will be a pay tournament with at least a cash prize.
also we might have a costume contest (cos-play of course and the game theme will be determined)

at Star Worlds they have a little side room. I am thinking about putting the tournament games in there. turn off the other games in there and make the room as dark as possible.

I am thinking about using 2 games only. so, any ideas about what "scary" games to use in the tournament? any favorites? anything you want to see? Pat has over 200 games. so, give me names and I will ask if he has it.

right now I am thinking about Carnevil and Mortal Kombat 2

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Horror-cade Tournament at Star Worlds!
on 9/27/2009 10:23:42 PM
Carnevil is a good choice.
Probably Aliens Resurrection or House of the Dead 4.
Bram Stokers Dracula pinball or Scared Stiff pinball. How can you have Halloween without Elvira?

Mortal Kombat series isn't that scary.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to make many trips up there. I'm not sure I can make it this Sunday. Going to be iffy.

ZIMMZAMM

on 9/28/2009 10:03:19 AM
Nashvillan Wrote:
Mortal Kombat series isn't that scary.
yeah, I know, but there are horror elements in the game. plus, I got a request for that one. :)

ZIMMZAMM

on 9/28/2009 10:06:56 AM
Nashvillan Wrote:
I'm not sure I can make it this Sunday. Going to be iffy.
I should be able to make it. last day at my current job should be Saturday and then my first day at my new job should be Monday.

so, I am going to start playing more serious this week. hopefully I will be in the top 5 to compete on Sunday. we will see. after being there on Sunday, there is for sure good competition now. Sunday should be interesting.

hope you can make it Nashvillan. sounds like it is going to be big with media there and stuff.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 9/29/2009 1:14:34 AM
Then of course there's the issue of when I win the cabinet (um... I mean IF I win... heh heh), then what? How the heck am I supposed to get this thing home? I don't own a pickup truck.

MK? Well, you are right in that you probably will have better turnout for an MK tourney.
Doesn't MK3 have a built in tourney format?
Maybe in the future we could have a Starcade tourney. Set up a video camera that was fixated on your score. When a predetermined timer expires, you stop the tape and figure out what the score was at the end of the run.

ZIMMZAMM

on 9/29/2009 1:26:11 PM
Nashvillan Wrote:
Then of course there's the issue of when I win the cabinet (um... I mean IF I win... heh heh), then what? How the heck am I supposed to get this thing home? I don't own a pickup truck.
rent a U-haul

sidseattle

on 9/17/2015 9:45:54 PM

sidseattle

on 9/17/2015 9:47:50 PM
Timed event, we hD a timed event last weekend at san te's arcade in west seattle. It was a two minute elevator action. Seth payment got to the bottom of the first building with a score of 6,000 points. It was all about the placement of the red doors working with him.

Rob/sid

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  Star Worlds  Horror-cade Tournament at Star Worlds!

Recent Scores
James White
4/17/2024
Mases Hagopian
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
Kevin Jimenez
4/15/2024