Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  Galloping Ghost Arcade  Easy to beat list ?

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Crimefighter

Easy to beat list ?
on 4/7/2021 9:04:25 PM
According to Matt Walters, he says all 24 of his house highs are "easy to beat".  So out of all these scores, most are rounded up, what do you believe is the most easily beatable score on this list ?

Astro Fighter - 26370
Cyvern - 7.8M
Dodonpachi - 90.8M
DonPachi - 25M
FHMC Qbert - 169K
Galaxian - 137K
Giga Wing - 17.2T
Giga Wing2 - 12.8Q
Gun Frontier - 329K
Metal Black - 548K
Nibbler - 21.3M
Night Driver - 1243
Pole Position - 66K
Qbert Qubes - 2.02M
Raiden Fighters - 22.7M
Ray Storm - 3.9M
Reactor - 59.5K
Tunnel Hunt 84K
Ultra X Weapons - 5.5M
Vs. Castlevania - 4.03M

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Easy to beat list ?
on 4/8/2021 6:45:48 PM
Reactor, Qbert, and Pole Position are beatable scores for sure.  The rest?  Dunno.  Some I know are out of reach, but others I haven't played the game enough to know.

I do know that Night Driver score is near the Aurcade world record.  I personally witnessed a score of 1293 on Night Driver back at the final Grinkfest.

on 5/30/2021 9:15:55 PM
Shmups with scores that definitely do not qualify as easy to beat:

Cyvern - 7.8M - You'll have to be able to get into the second loop to break this score. It is by no means an easy game, with a medalling system where you have to avoid dropping medals.

Dodonpachi - 90.8M - This is a massive score. To break it requires getting very far into the game (well into loop 2) or learning full stage chaining.

DonPachi - 25M - Chaining on this is even harder than Dodonpachi, and some very competent players have ALL clears of this that don't break 20 mil (there are no loop requirements, you have to clear both loops to truly 1CC it).

Metal Black - 548K - This is enormous. The game is very difficult and to even get to 500,000 requires some serious scoring effort in the form of milking on top of that. Many 1CCs of this don't get to 500,000.

Easier to beat scores:

Giga Wing - 17.2T - This is a fairly trivial score to beat. Even 30 or 50 trillion are relatively low scores in this compared to how much potential there is with good medal collection and milking. Most 1CCs of the game purely on survival start with clear scores at 20 trillion, with most I'm aware of being at least 30 tril and above. With a bit of milking on early bosses (don't die in the middle of the stage as that affects medal value badly), and being able to 1CC the game, this will be no problem to beat, relatively speaking.

Giga Wing 2 - 12.8Q - Get good with triggering volcanon medal rushes and get a 1CC of the game, and this should beat this score. I'm aware of scores that don't even 1CC that beat this in the last 2 stages.

Raiden Fighters - 22.7M - Should be doable if you learn how to max out medal value, even without actually beating the game. Tons of clears of this using either the Slave ship or the Judge spear have over double this as a clear score.

Ray Storm - 3.9M - Not very familiar but from what I know this score should be beatable with an ALL clear or even earlier, there's clears that range from 9 mil to 11 mil I'm aware of.

powerglove

on 5/31/2021 9:37:01 PM
Hey guys! Newbie here. Can anyone tell me how to add a location to the list? Max Retropub is definitely the closest thing to an actual arcade here (drunk people + pinball = ????) and it's not even on the list. Also, seems like this most of this forum is rather... *ahem* stale... What gives? Arcades are definitely dying out but...

Crimefighter

on 6/1/2021 6:42:56 PM
Simply put, a lot of entries are indeed not updated...because the updating is done by volunteers.  I can update it for you - give me all the pertinent info.

jpralr

on 6/27/2021 3:03:50 PM
Wait how do you be a volunteer? I'll definitely sign up if you can. A lot of games I've seen (mostly redemption) and locations I've been to are not listed or updated.

Also yes, I'm not dead if anybody cared about me, since nobody bothered with my North Conway post. I've returned from my 11-month slumber, only cause this place is kinda dead, and I saw this.

Crimefighter

on 6/30/2021 8:16:00 PM
Galloping Ghost Arcade manages Aurcade...so you'd have to contact someone over there.

The message board is not really used much due to social media being more accessible.

Gimme the arcade you want added....I'll get it in.

jpralr

on 7/1/2021 5:26:32 PM
Oh well, I don't think I'll be able to contact them, so I'll instead list the arcades. Note that this is mostly copy and paste from a forum I made back in August. Also note that the first two arcades game list is from 2020, and the third is from 2019, so these might be outdated.

Arcade #1: UberBlast (North Conway, NH)

This place also has an outdoor mini-golf course. (Or as they call it, "Adventure Golf") ALMOST every game here was in satisfactory condition, and no games were out of order.

Games Already Listed:

Arctic Thunder by Midway (Single player sit down version, exactly what Galloping Ghost has)
Big Buck Hunter Pro: Open Season by Raw Thrills
Dirty Drivin' by Raw Thrills (Single player sit down)
Fishin' Time by ICE
The Fast and the Furious by Raw Thrills (Single player stand up version)
Jumpin' Jackpot by Namco (Note: If anybody can, add the redemption properties to both Jumpin' Jackpot and Quick & Crash)
MotoGP by Raw Thrills (Single player sit down)
NASCAR Racing by Global VR (2 player sit down)
Pac-Man's Arcade Party by Namco
Rampage: World Tour by Midway
Sega Strike Fighter by SEGA (Single screen version)
The Simpsons Pinball Party by STERN (The right flippers work, but they are very weak, which makes the game hard to play)
Smokin' Token by Bay Tek (Note: If anybody can, change the year of Smokin' Token to 1995)
Tekken 5 by Namco
Time Crisis 4 by Namco

Games Not Yet Listed: (These should all have the redemption property)

Bee Bee Boppin' by LAI Games, 2002
Crank It! by Bay Tek, 2010
Cyclone by ICE, 1995
Hammerhead by ICE, 2001
ICE Ball by ICE, 1995 (3 total machines)
NBA Hoops (Original) by ICE, 2004 (Celtics version, set to non-redemption)
Slam 'n' Jam Junior by LAI Games, 2002
Spongebob Squarepants Jellyfishing by Chicago Gaming Company, 2005
Stacker Mini by LAI Games, 2004, (A.K.A. Red Stacker, accepts both money and tokens)

Arcade #2: Cathedral Ledge Resort (Intervale, NH)

This is a hotel arcade. Due to the pandemic, the July 2020 status of this arcade is that all of the games were turned off. Again, all of the games looked to be in satisfactory condition, and they all are already listed on the website.

Big Buck Hunter Pro by Raw Thrills
Iron Man Pinball by STERN
Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga: Class of 1981 by Namco
San Francisco Rush: 2049 Special Edition by Atari/Midway (2 sit down machines)

Arcade #3: Eastern Slope Inn Resort (North Conway, NH)

Also another hotel arcade. I initially didn't list the prize games, but they were 3 Candy Cranes (2 out of order) and a Sports Arena. These are all listed on the website.

Hang-On by SEGA (Cabaret)
Killer Instinct 2 by Midway
Ms. Pac-Man by Bally Midway (Cabaret)
San Francisco Rush the Rock: Alcatraz Edition by Atari (2 sit down machines, Player 2 out of order)
Smashing Drive by Gaelco
Hoops by Gottlieb/Premier, 1991 (Plunger is not very good)

BONUS! Buffalo Wild Wings (Saugus, MA)

This obviously wasn't on the original forum, but I was just here recently, and they had some machines. None of these games are listed on the website yet. All games looked to be in very nice condition.

Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded by Raw Thrills, 2020
Golden Tee 2020 by Incredible Technologies, 2019
Hoop Fever by ICE, 1999 (Redemption property, set to non-redemption)

jpralr

on 8/9/2021 11:10:39 AM
I have an update.

I initially didn't say I was going to North Conway this year, but in a last-minute decision we decided to, so I have some arcade updates, and some new locations. I did not return to UberBlast or Eastern Slope Inn Resort, so those will remain possibly outdated.

Cathedral Ledge Resort Update:

The arcade is now open. Unfortunately they got rid of Big Buck Hunter Pro and the Iron Man Pinball, but the Class of 1981 and Rush 2049 Special Edition machines were working and looked to be in satisfactory condition. On to the new locations!

New Arcade #1: Ryan Family Amusements (North Conway, NH)

This place just opened, and by just opened, I really mean that, as it opened a month ago. It is located at the Settlers Green Outlet Village, right next to the Old Navy store. As expected, it's a majority of redemption games, but that's what they want. Note that there were 2 claw machines that they had that I could not find any information about, those being a Wheel of Prizes, and a Shop 4 Prizes. They also had a Bob the Builder Scoop kiddie ride (a UK version, not sure which variation) and a Fred's Fire Truck kiddie ride. As expected, all games were in really nice condition.

Games Already Listed:

Aliens: Armageddon by Raw Thrills
Crossy Road Arcade by Adrenaline Amusements
Cruis'n Blast by Raw Thrills (2 player connected cabinets)
Grand Piano Keys by Bay Tek
Ice Man by Coastal Amusements
Jurassic Park Arcade by Raw Thrills
Mad Wave Motion Theater by Triotech (I believe this came out in 2005 but I'm not 100% sure)
Nerf Arcade by Raw Thrills (Unrelated note, but Funspot just got that game in)
Space Invaders Frenzy by Raw Thrills
Super Bikes 3 by Raw Thrills (2 player connected cabinets)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Raw Thrills

Games Not Yet Listed: (These should have the redemption property unless otherwise listed)

Air FX by ICE, 2015 (Not a redemption game, Ryan Family Amusements branded)
Big Bass Wheel/Big Bass Wheel Pro by Bay Tek, 2008 (1 Big Bass Wheel machine and 1 Big Bass Wheel Pro machine) (The only difference between the two is that the pro version is smaller)
The Big One by Elaut, 2004 (Claw machine)
Down the Clown by ICE, 2013 (2 player cabinet)
E-Claw by Elaut, 2014 (Claw machine, 4 different cabinets throughout the arcade)
Hoops FX by ICE, 2017 (2 player connected cabinets, Ryan Family Amusements branded)
King Kong of Skull Island VR by Raw Thrills, 2021 (Not a redemption game)
Let's Bounce by LAI Games, 2016
Milk Jug Toss by ICE, 2012
Monopoly Roll-N-Go by ICE, 2020
Monster Drop by Benchmark Games, 2010 (2 player cabinet)
Mr. Claw by Elaut, 2003 (Claw machine)
Power Roll by SEGA, 2019
Prize Time Deluxe by Smart Industries, 2015 (Claw machine, Ticket Time marquee)
Quik Drop by Bay Tek, 2016
Rabbids Hollywood by Adrenaline Amusements, 2017
Snowball Toss by ICE, 2020
Ticket Dome by UNIS, 2020
Ticket Ring by Smart Industries, 2017
Tower of Tickets by Bay Tek, 2015
Whack 'N Win by ICE, 2014
Wile E. Coyote's Rocket Wheel by Jennison Entertainment Technologies, 2019
Willy Crash by Bay Tek, 2018
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Coin Pusher by Elaut, 2017 (2 player cabinet)

New Arcade #2: Pizza Barn (Ossipee, NH)

Note that I have not been to this location since 2019 either, so idk if this place has changed. All of the games were in working order, in good condition. The prize games they had there were a Toy Taxi, Sports Arena, and Moonlight Catcher. They also had a pool table. Besides that, the rest of the games are already on the site.

California Speed by Atari (2 player connected sit down cabinets)
Cruis'n World by Midway (Single player stand up cabinet)
Radikal Bikers by Gaelco
Revolution X by Midway (2 player cabinet)
The Simpsons Pinball Party by STERN

Let me know if I'm missing any information and I'll gladly add it!

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  Galloping Ghost Arcade  Easy to beat list ?

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
James White
4/22/2024